Parents have had a lot of dilemma in selecting which board of education will be the best for their children. And that takes up a lot of time and research. This is because both of the board of education have their set of strong positions which is hard to ignore.
Coming to ICSE board, there are so many facts which are specifically stated by the international school in Bangalore. Shortened as ICSE, Indian Certificate of Secondary Education is highly complex and detailed, put together by the Local Examinations Syndicate.
Here are some of the facts or features that you get to know about ICSE Schools:
- The ICSE Board has core instructions in English. They do not encourage any other language as the main subject. Whereat one hand, CBSE is affiliated to both English and Hindi, ICSE is only restricted to English medium school.
- ICSE focuses more on project and lab work. Nearly 20 per cent of the marks is allowed right from the internal assessment. The curriculum of the ICSE syllabus completely focuses on details. The best ICSE school in Bangalore is student-centric and every course is well detailed and well-researched. Most of the chapters are filled in with depth. The concept is way and far more complex in comparison to CBSE. The syllabus focuses more on practical knowledge, especially when compared to CBSE.
- ICSE focuses more on language, arts and science subjects. At one stance, CBSE students are well prepared for threading on to the traditional path. They are properly equipped for tackling competitive exams for engineering, medical, banks and so on. While ICSE guides the students for management, literature, arts subjects. Scoring in TOEFL or scholarships exams, studying abroad becomes easier for them.
- ICSE is globally recognized. If the child is willing to pursue higher studies, ICSE will be the sole factor for the children to prepare on going abroad to pursue higher studies, ICSE will help him/her at the foundation level. His/her base will be very strong for higher studies abroad with ICSE.
- Marking scheme for ICSE class 10 board exams is based in 3 groups. Group 1 – all the subjects are compulsory, Group 2 – students can choose any two subjects and Group 3 – student needs to select only one subject. The marking scheme for the board goes like 80 per cent from externals from Group 1 and 2 subjects, while 20% is from internals. However, for Group 3, the marking scheme is 50% from both externals and internals.
- ICSE board gives equal weightage to arts, science, and language. The scale does not tip in favour of any particular field. Thus, children studying in ICSE schools are well-rounded and have more opportunities to explore.
- ICSE board is a great choice for the children who are willing to go for English literature or humanities subjects. The creativity or the relatable profession works the best under the ICSE board and curriculum vitae.
- ICSE schools focus on physical education and activities as well. There is a clear emphasis on English and literature in the ICSE Syllabus.
- The way English grammar is taught is very systematic. The idea is about teaching and developing young minds for global exposure. The aim is not just getting restricted to something only being in India, rather the entire world.